Rosa Rosa Finnley Finnley

For the 4th of July Finnley made his very first trip to Arizona.  He knew exactly what to expect by the time he got there though, because his big sister did not stop talking the entire way over (6 hours driving plus two hours of pit stops).   Finn slept through some of his sisters detail, but she did not even rest her eyes.

We had a great time and Rosaleen got to go, go, go, which is what she loves to do.  We have some pictures on the camera that haven't been put on the computer yet, but I do have a few pics from my cell phone I can put up on the blog.

We had a great 4th of July thanks to Grandma Jill and Grandpa Glenn.  Rosaleen got her nails done, had a front seat view of the fireworks, she got to paint the sidewalk (and some paper too), eat all kinds of junk, DJ'ed pooping breaks (courtesy of grandma) and don't forget the water park!!!  She also got some fun and fabulous time with Jaxon, Myla, Molly and KaylaAnn (as well as Tigger, Princess and Zues).  It was a great time-- and it never made it over 110 until we drove home! 

When we got home I asked Rosa what her favorite part of the trip was..............  playing with grandma and grandpa was her response.  :)



Yesterday Finnley had his two month appointment........which I hate.  But of course all is well and he is weighing in at 13 pounds and 5.2 ounces.  I guessed he was 13.5 pounds so I was only a few ounces off.   He was 23.62 inches and his head circumference was 39.5.  His percentiles were 79%, 84% and 67% respectively.   That is pretty close to what Rosaleen was, but I will go back to compare later (just curious).   Finn also showed off by showing how awesome he was with tummy time and the doctor said many times that he is very strong.    He did get vaccinations, which make me crazy, and he did pretty well with them.  No fever or other effects, except for a crying spell a couple hours later.   Ben and I talked about delaying the vaccinations, but Ben didn't think that made any sense.





Fortunately and unfortunately, my back is way better, but not good. I can walk well (not normal, but well) and getting up by myself is fine.  However, it is very painful and sometimes impossible to get up while holding Finnley.  Also, my back is so stiff in the morning it is really hard/slow for me to help Rosa get ready. I am doing stretches and exercised, but I am still impaired.  Ben has been having to help me a lot and I have said over and over to him, "don't over do it.  If your back goes out, we are up the creek."  Like a dutiful husband he listened to me, and so far his back is ok.  But he broke his big toe last night and now he is hobbling.   He somehow managed to get his shoes on today to go to work.  I am not sure how well we are gonna manage now, but we will keep on keeping on. :)

Comments

  1. Great pic of grandpa & Finn...Finn looks like a baby and then a week later he's all wide eyed and bushy tailed! I did mention several times how strong he is!! His squirming was really powerful. That ROSA - what a hoot! That traveling pic of her is soooo her!!! I want to say Rosa's stats were in the 90 percentile but I could be completely wrong. She stayed in the 97, 95 & 93 % for length for a long time but once again I could be in la la land. Big question is how did Mr. Ben break his big toe! So painful!! Tape it?? Stay well, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to laugh at Rosa talking the entire way. That is too funny. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope your back gets to feeling better soon. And poor Ben ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE FREEDOM BORDER>>>>>>IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND MEANINGFUL XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)