Keeping so busy

There is so much to say, I don't think I can get it all in.  First Grandma and Grandpa Mott came and stayed for a week with buttons! We had a great time, and as part of the fun Uncle Doug, Aunt Annie, cousin Erica and 2nd cousin Lucas all came over--and brought dinner! Yummy!  Next, we had a visit from Grandpa Pat, Aunt Heather and cousins Ethan and Gavin, then Krista Kay and her family were in town along with Aunt Chris and Aunt Kathy, and Rosaleen had a ballet performance!  And somewhere in there I totally threw my back out A LOT.

Last time I blogged Grandma Janet and Grandpa Bob had just left. I don't have the pics of them handy, but here are a few snaps of the evening that Doug, Annie, Erica and Lucas were here.
Aunt Annie, the child whisperer


Cousins (2nd)

yummy dinner thanks to Doug and Grandma


Lucas and Rosaleen

Looking at old pictures





We had lots of fun. One day while Ben and Grandpa went fishing, the rest of us went to the zoo. It was Finnley's first big all day outing and he did great.  We saw lots of animals, and one in particular seemed to catch Rosaleen's imagination.  I didn't get a picture of it (I didn't know it was going to make the blog).   We saw an alligator snapping turtle and it is huge and kinda prehistoric looking.  His big claws and giant shell must have caught Rosa's attention because sometimes at night, that turtle makes it into Rosaleen's stories (she likes to make up short stories to avoid going to bed).
Now where is that polar bear?
 
 
Besides all the daytime fun we had with everyone, Rosaleen got to have a sleep over in the living room with Aunt Heather and her cousins.  Finnley went to bed with mom and dad, but Rosa  slept almost all night in the living room with her cousins. 
First sleep over (where Rosa didn't sleep with mom and dad)
Old town with Ethan and Gavin
 
Then on Monday, my back went out-- badly.  It has been 11 days since it went out and I am still hobbling around, but at least I can walk now. The first few days I couldn't walk and it was very hard to lift Finnley. As a result Rosaleen has gotten to watch a lot of TV and I feel horrible about that.  I am very limited to what medications I can take because I am nursing Finn, but after three doctor visits for shots of anti-inflammatory and three chiropractor visits I am maybe 90 percent better.  Well maybe 80 percent.
 
While my back was out, Aunt Chris and Kathy came from Texas to visit, as did Krista Kay and her family. They all stayed at cousin Brian's house in Carlsbad.  After Rosaleen's ballet rehearsal last Saturday, Ben drove the family up to Brian's and we spent the day hanging out.  We had great fun, and that day my back did really well since Krista Kay and Ashley and Aunt Chris took care of Finnley (with Ben and Krista on diaper duty) and Aunt Chris and Ashley and Abby and Justin took care of Rosaleen.  Then Ben and Chris and Kristen took care of me-- and I only had to get up to go to the bathroom.  It was great for my back and I had a wonderful time visiting with everyone.  These visits are always so great.  I really love to see everyone.


Rosa, look at the camera
Briana and Finnley

Krista Kay and Finnley


Ashley, Kathy, Chris, Krista Kay and Rosaleen





This weekend we have more visiting planned, so hopefully I can get a 4th of July post up IN JULY.   I will work hard on it. 

Finnley is growing so much.  He was 6 weeks old on Monday and he is wearing size 3 month clothes. He is in a size 1 diaper, but I think he is almost ready to go to size 2 already.  He is a good eater and a really good sleeper.  Also, he really likes baths.  He has never cried during a bath, which is totally opposite of his sister.  He seems to love hanging out nudie in the bath.  He also will look in the direction of my voice if he is being held by someone and he hears me.

Finn has a little routine, he usually eats when I go to bed.  He sometimes will get up around 2:30 eat again, or if I went to be late, he will sleep until 4 and then eat.  From 4 he eats a lot until about 7, or sometimes 8, when he starts to sleep again.  He'll usually stay asleep mostly until noon (he might have a snack in there) when he wakes up and wants to hang out for a bit.  He will then stay awake until 3 or 4 then go back to sleep for a few hours.  Then he is up again to hang out with daddy, and chow down of course).  He is usually pretty easy going.  He does spit up a lot, but it doesn't seem to bother him, even though it comes out his nose sometimes. yuck.



Rosaleen is doing great and just had another ballet recital.  We have lots of pic and a couple videos, but I will post that in a new blog post.  This one is too long already!  I will say that Rosaleen is a great big sister and I am very proud of her.  Also, while my back has been out she has been a great help to me.  She has helped me clean and she has gotten things for me so I didn't have to get up.  She is such a help and she is a natural encourager too.  She often tells me, "great job, mom" and I do appreciate her encouragement.



Comments

  1. Looks like you guys are having a great summer (with the exception of your back). I still amazes me how big Rosa is and Finn - he is just a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)