Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother’s Day to all you mamas. Ben and Rosa and I tried to take a nap today--- but when we did Rosa decided she wasn’t tired. Then she and I got up, and about 10 minutes later she decided she was tired and fell asleep—so now I am up.
Showing off my pants!                                              Getting busy in my exersaucer



This week has been a big week for Rosaleen! Besides babbling up a storm, she got a new playmat. She LOVES it. Since she got it (Monday I think), Rosaleen has learned to bat toys with her hands (her right hand mainly), and she learned to roll from her tummy to her back. I have a video of her rolling that I will try to post. She has rolled over several times, so I think tummy time is basically over for her—she never really liked it anyway. Also, so started to use her exersaucer. She is very good at it and likes to look at herself in the mirror. Rosaleen also went a birthday party for the first time. Her friend Jade celebrated turning one year old last Saturday. Rosa had a great time—however she slept through most of the party. Still, we got some cute “party” pictures.


Jade eating cakeNapping at the partyOh--I almost slept through the party!

Rosaleen also got a bedtime this week. We have designated either 8 or 8:30 as her bedtime. I take in her room and rock her or nurse and then I put her in her crib where she falls asleep. When Ben and I go to bed, we go get her and put her in her bassinet in our room—but she has been falling asleep in her crib. In addition, this week I also started putting her down in her crib for one nap per day. Sometimes during the day her naps are very short, so sometimes she is only sleeping in the crib for twenty minutes, but I am happy that she has started to sleep a bit in her crib. She is growing so fast and getting so strong that I don’t think it will be too long before she is sitting up. Once she can sit up she can’t sleep in her bassinet because the sides are not high enough, so all this crib time is good practice.

Because of all the new things this week, we have a lot of pictures to share. I hope you enjoy them.
Playing on my playmatHanging in the crib while mom folds my clothes


Ben got me a new cell phone for Mother’s Day—I love it but I am still learning—so if any of you get a half text message or a blank picture message from me, it is just me learning how to use this phone.
My nap in the cribHappy Mother's Day Momma

Hmmm. I can't post the video.  I will try to figure it out and post it later this week along with a picutre of the quilt that Rosaleen's cousins made her.

Comments

  1. What a big girl you are this week....new bed time...napping in the crib....first party,...new toys. My favorite picture is the binky next to her head while she sleeps in the crib...thank goodness for binkys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana and Grandpa VillaMay 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM

    So many new things going on! She has always been beautiful but these pic's are fabulous! She is soo pretty. Love all the pic's but the last too are so cute. I love her pink dress out fit!! She is so alert looking and so happy. Plus, as I have mentioned before, she has a tonge thing going..its so cute. Little Rosaleen is a little short on hair right now but she will have a head full by 9 months just like her mommy but in the mean time, love her head "bows & ribbons". You keep her dressed so cute!!
    Love you all,
    Nana Grandpa Villa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosaleen, you were a perfect party guest. Come over any time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)