35 weeks!





Wow— the baby is about 5.5 pounds (who knows really) and her immune system is developing right this very moment (probably). She definitely has her preferences, she much prefers the right side of the womb over the left, she definitely prefers cold water over room temperature water and she definitely prefers moderate to little noise over noisy places.


Heather, Ben’s sister drove up here this weekend and decorated Rosaleen’s room. It looks great! She did a lot of work, made a lot of decorations and did a lot of shopping and hunting. We have attached several pictures of Rosaleen’s room. The crème colored dresses hanging on the wall were dresses that Ben and Heather’s grandmother wore when she was an infant. The rocker was a gift from Grandma Janet, the crib was used by Rosa’s cousins Ethan and Gavin, the poem was written by her cousin Sarah and decorative cross was gifts from her other cousins. There are many other things in Rosa’s room that were gifts to her from many people that love her… but not all of them show up in the pictures. Thank you very much Aunt Heather for all your hard work on Rosaleen’s room and thank you everyone else for all the fun, cute and snugglely things that you have given Rosa. We are ready for her arrival (well, we didn’t get the blinds yet, and we don’t have the car seat installed yet).
If it fits on this post I am also attaching a picture of my belly. I seems to have gotten bigger BUT I also think the baby moved down (yea). It really feels like she moved down, and it looks like it, so I guess it must have! That makes me happy.



Comments

  1. Yea Heather, Rosa's room looks wonderful! Now we just wait!! The crib looks fab! There are so many special "touch's", it really is lovely. And your tummy, its so cute! I compared pic's and it does look like Rosaleen has moved down a bit. Did I read Rosa can gain 16 oz. aweek now??
    I better look that up again. Nana is ready, just waiting for Rosa to give me a call!!!
    Hugs and kisses to all,
    God Bless
    Mom & Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room is adorable! I love it! I have to say, it doesn't look like she's dropped much. I've been told you can tell immidately when they drop - I don't know b/c I had c-sections... I can't be much help there...Can you e-mail me your new address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never tell when the boys dropped because I carried them so low anyway, but I could tell an immediate change when the girls dropped. I carried them so high into my ribs that it was nice to be able to breathe again when they dropped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just got this panicky, exciting feeling for you --35 weeks is so very close!! This is going to happen really soon. In case you weren't in denial....I am!!! The room looks absolutely gorgeous. It's set up to make it easy to care for a baby too....great job Heather! And your belly reminds me of an Anne Geddes picture..I can almost see the outline of Rosaleen in there. You look really great....it will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks fantastic!!! Rosaleen is just going to love it! You are getting so close - how exciting! You continue to look awesome! We cannot wait for the next update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nursery looks great. I have the same crib and glider!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)