34 weeks (and a couple days)



Little Rosaleen is around five pounds now! She is getting bigger and bigger and her mom is having a hard time moving around. All is generally going well. The heartburn even eased up a little. She has had the hiccups a few times in the last week, but they don’t seem to last too long ( I am sure she is glad). She and I are definitely at the stage that everyone stares at you everywhere you go. I am guilty of doing it to super pregnant women too. However, I know now that this can give pregnant women a complex. I ask Ben all the time, “Do I look funny?” He always says something very sweet in response to my question. However, every time he snapped a picture of me tonight, he would laugh and his eyes would bug out when he was looking at the resulting photo, so I am pretty sure I look at least a little funny.
Ben and I took a newborn care class last week. We now know that if a baby’s temperature reaches 100.5 we need to call the doctor. We also learned how to swaddle the baby and how to burp them—and a whole bunch of other good to know things.
Seeing as we are hopefully on the six-week count down to Rosa’s birthday (of course it is really up to Rosa, so we could be on the eight week count down), Ben is going to install the car seat in the car soon. Our to-do list is getting smaller and smaller by the weekend. As you can see in the photo, Rosaleen is still very, very high, but she is getting bigger. I am going to try to take a belly shot every week so I can see if she is moving down……….. Hopefully in a month from now we can see a difference.
I just saw a post on the blog that asked about a CA earthquake. Hmmm. I didn’t hear about it (Ben and I don’t watch TV much—except a few minutes on weekday mornings). So, we are fine. I hope everyone else is.


Comments

  1. Out standing!! Now we can really get a "picture" of what Rosaleen is doing!! And your Irish green top and neck scarf! Was that planned? What a great "touch". An Irish Princess, how exciting. Don't worry about people staring, they just can't believe how beautiful you and Rosaleen are. Your tummy really is beautiful. And I am studing your picture VERY closely so I can keep track of her too! How very exciting. Is there a general rule as to when she should start to "desend"? Glad to hear the heart burn has lessened.
    Perhaps there should be a pole regarding her length..I say 22" . Thank you for the great pic's!!
    Hugs & Kisses
    God Bless
    Mom & Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say you look amazing! Can't wait to see Rosaleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates, Sunny! You look great!

    I heard about that earthquake too. It was much nearer to the Bay Area--I did not feel anything here in Sacramento.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny you look great! Keep us posted on Rosa's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closer you get to delivery, you need to post more pics and keep us updated! The suspense is killing me!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)