Introducing Finnley Benjamin McLernon (yes I spelled it wrong the first time I posted)

Finnley Benjamin McLernon, May 19, 2013, 11:43 PM
Aunt Heather, Rosa and Finn


Baby Finn is here!!! We are so happy to have him.  He was born May19, 2013 at 11:43 at Kaiser Zion Hospital.  He was about 20.5 inches (one nurse said 21) and 7 pounds, 15 oz.  Ben and I check into the hospital at about 4 pm.  When I was triaged I was only 1 cm and my contractions varied from 4 minutes apart to 7 minutes apart.  The midwife at first was going to send me home (which is only a few minutes away), BUT Finnley had a couple heart rate dips while we were there, and she was concerned his placenta might not be holding up.  So, we were admitted--lucky us, because by the time I was admitted and rechecked I was 3.5 cm.  Sadly my labor room was freezing and at 5 cm I was chattering and really hurting with back labor. At this point I got an epidural which I was later sorry for and thankful for at the same time.
 
The big story, besides Finnley Benjamin is that after Finn's head came out, his shoulder(s) was stuck.  Really, really stuck.  The midwife called a code white which means that about 20 people RUN (literally) into your room and total organized chaos begins. Basically, they flipped the bed so I was on my head and all kids of people were pushing and pulling (literally yanking) on Finnley and pounding on me.  This is the point I was both regretting and feeling thankful for the epidural.  I do think that Finn may not have gotten stuck if I had been on my feet more during labor, or delivery --- but since I was in that position and people were pounding on me, I was glad I was more numb than not.
 
After some craziness, Finnley was born and very quickly handed to the pediatric team that had piled into my room.  Ben could see him, but I could not.  It was a crazy few minutes and all I could do was pray. Finnley was assessed (many times) and he is great.  No problems from the tugging, pulling and oxygen deprivation that he experienced, and Ben and I are thankful for all the medical personnel that helped to make that happen.
 
 

perfection


Big sister and little brother


We had some visitors in the hospital-- first Grandma Jill came flying on a jet plane on Sunday to stay with Rosa while Ben and I were at the hospital. Thank you grandma.  While we were at the hospital Grandpa Pat came and so did Aunt Heather.  They made it to visit right after I got the epidural.    They also stocked Finnley up on newborn clothes and brought  El Indio's for Ben and I to eat-- THANK YOU.
Awwwwwww



Just getting home!







 
I 've got lots more to say, but it is time to get this posted ( I started it yesterday).    We are so happy to have baby Finn.


Comments

  1. Baby Finn is just adorable! What a scary time during labor - so thankful everything turned out good. Love Rosa & Finn, simply precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. He is such an easy baby too. That will be in my next post....as soon as I can get to it!

      Delete
  2. Baby Finn! I love it. I cannot wait to meet the little guy. He is absolutely adorable. How scary! I am glad that everything is okay. Welcome to the life of 2 kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Despite the tense moments during delivery, it's wonderful how things turned out fine in the end. Both of your kids resemble you, Sunny! :) Rosa looks like such a proud big sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)