Whew-- is week 34 taking a long time?




Well, here we are week 34---still.  I am feeling very much 39 weeks pregnant rather than 34 (I have never actually been 39 weeks pregnant, as Rosa came at 38.5 weeks).  I am still sleeping fine (propped up due to heart burn), and I can get around fairly well as long as 1) I don't have to walk up hill or 2) get very far from the restroom.  However, I am having a lot of braxton hick (these started weeks ago) and this baby is a pusher.  He loves to just push on me.  It is tiresome and it does wear me out by the end of the day.

Lots of things to update the Blog about:
1) I have some pictures to post from a visit by some friends from Cave Creek--that now live in Portland
2) We went to Az and Grammy through us a great, great baby shower
3) We have a baby gender update

1) In March a childhood friend of mine, Aurelia came over (with dinner) for a visit.  We had a great time catching up, but of course we could have used about 7 more hours to really catch up.  Aurelia's mom Bea and Aurelia's youngest child Quentin were also able to come over.  Quentin is almost exactly Rosa's age and they had just a great time together.  Quentin has two older brother's so he dealt with Rosaleen's demands really well.  The kids did have a great time, but Rosaleen was really trying to call all the shots-- more than I have really ever seen her do. 

The world according to Rosa
Like usual, Ben was great and really took over all kid duty after dinner so Aurelia, Bea and I could try to catch up as much as possible when trying to cover ten years in two hours. It really was a super fun visit.  And thank you very much Bea for the pictures to post!



dancing is a requirement at this house


  2)This past weekend we went to Arizona.  It happened to be my birthday, and also Grammy threw us a super fabulous baby shower!  We had a a very fun time.  It was a quick, quick trip as always, but it was very fun.  For my birthday mom got me one of my very favorite cakes AND I got to eat it for breakfast.  It was great. That along with some goodies and some pampering made the day a lot of fun.

The baby shower was filled with the usual suspects, and we really did have such a fun time.  Plus Ben, Rosaleen and I were blessed with many gift to help us be prepared for our new little baby. How sweet it is to have friends and family (The shower pics that I have got posted to the top of the this post, and it is too challenging to move them.)  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for such a great party.

3) While we were in Arizona, Ben and I peeked at the envelope that indicated  the baby's sex.  So now we know and we are REALLY excited!!!!!  I will devote a new post to the baby's sex in a couple of days, but needless to say, we are thrilled. We are so looking forward to our new baby.

Comments

  1. Yikes, I just went back to look at pictures of me when I was 37 and 36 weeks pregnant with Rosaleen-- and according to those pictures, I have a lot more growing to do. Wow. Hmmm, I wonder which baby will be bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammy is a bit......surprised, It has been over 3 yrs but if I am remembering correctly...your not as big...... So the next thing to judge things by would be your weight...which NO female should EVER post...but is the weight gain the same , more or less?? May be its just the configuration that is different? Thats why I am anxious for your Dr appt. Compare weight gain..does not look like baby has dropped .
    Great posting! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I am impressed - you are still going full-throttle so late into your pregnancy. You go girl! I cannot believe you made it that long without peeking. Cannot wait to find out more about the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up with all the posts looks like its been a busy couple of months! So excited for you! And I can't believe you peeked!!! LOL but you mentioned a gender in your post so is that a clue? You look smaller this time around and great! I vote for week 38. :) xoxoxo Rosa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)