Hot Summer, 2012

Ashley, Abby and Rosaleen (2nd cousins)


Poor Justin, needs a few boy cousins!


Rosaleen loves to play and copy the big girls

Well the end of August is near, and I must say, it has been hot around here.  It is cooling off again, but Rosaleen and I have been going to the public pool most weekends.  Daddy sometimes joins us, but he has been trying to work on the house in between visitors.  Since the last blog, we have had Aunt Heather and Uncle Nick and cousins Ethan and Gavin, Grammy Jill & Grandpa Glenn, Grandpa Pat and Geri, Clint and Brorlynn stay with us; and we got to visit with our cousin Krista Kay and her family (at cousin Brian’s house)!  It has been a lot of fun seeing everyone, but Ben has been busy entertaining, so the bathroom/laundry room has been neglected. 

Also, Rosaleen’s other cousins, Carter and Camdyn had a big birthday bash, which clearly left an impression on Rosaleen.  Their pirates and princess party was Aug. 4th, and this morning was the first morning since the party that she has not woken up talking about wanting to go to Carter and Camdyn’s big party (hand motion to the ceiling with the word big). The party was a blast….see photos.


This one is going in their yearbooks



Birthday Princess
Other big news here is that this is now the cat house.  Yikes.  Aunt Heather brought Rosaleen two little kittens when she came to visit us (very little at the time).  Aunt Heather also gave two kittens to my co-worker. However, my co-worker went to Italy for three weeks and we (ok, me) said we would watch the kittens while she was in Italy.  Well, those kittens aren’t so little anymore (they are maybe 10 weeks now) and four is TOO MANY. We still have the visiting cats for 10 more days. Rosaleen is loving it and treats them like her babydolls. 

Kitty is getting a bedtime story


Kitty hanging out with all the stuffed animals


Rosaleen is doing really well.  She has not been sick for 15 weeks!! No colds, no ear infections, no new rashes, no nuthin. Yea!  She is also learning a lot at school and communicating really well.  She loves to trace shapes and letters and she knows the names and sounds of all her letters. She also really likes for mommy and daddy to draw her pictures.  She recognizes her names, and sometimes recognizes it when it is not really her name.  One of the kids she goes to school with is named Connor, and Rosaleen and I were on the road the other day and we passed a semi-truck that said “CON-WAY” on it.  Rosaleen pointed and yelled, “Connor, Mommy. There is Connor.”  I was seriously impressed!
Cousins over for dinner (and they brought dinner!)

ALL BY HERSELF


Rosa still likes to tell me what a good job Ben and I are doing, and once in a while she’ll through in a, “you’re a best friend to me.”  I appreciate itJ
Sweetpea




Comments

  1. I just realized that I did NOT include aunt Chris and aunt Kathy'svisit in the blog post. I will have to do an update.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)