We made it!
Wow- I have a lot of catching up to do. Honestly I have SO much to blog about, that this blog could be three pages. In an effort to avoid a huge blog, I might just bullet point some things.
· First, Christmas was VERY fun and we have a million pictures
· I have tried to post only Christmas pictures in which mommies and daddies don’t look like they were up half the night with crying kids, which pretty much means no adults can have any of their pictures postedL
· Unfortunately, this picture posting methodology cuts out a lot of cute kid pictures;)
· We made it to San Diego despite the fact that the entire state had a terrible storm the two days that we were driving/moving!
· We are basically settled in
· Rosaleen has a double ear infection and is teething
· I started work, it is good
· Ben starts work Friday
· Daycare is FAR away from my work and our apt, but it is good (and close to Ben’s work)
Also, Daddy, Mommy, Banana Jill and Rosaleen went to the beach last week. Rosaleen went crazy with glee! Oh man; she was squealing and screaming. She liked the sand but she LOVED the water. We ended up taking off her pants and letting her legs get wet because she was so happy. She just loved it. Then over the weekend Daddy and Mommy took Rosaleen to Sea World. She also loved that—thank goodness, because due to her ear infections and teething she was one cranky baby this weekend, and I was one sleep deprived mommy that was having a hard time handling my cranky baby. However, Sea World turned things right around. She didn’t cry once at Sea World, she loved the pet show and she tired her self out so much she was asleep by the time we got to the car (FYI, that is the first time ever Rosaleen has fallen asleep anywhere besides the car seat or in a bed).
Finally, Rosaleen is starting to get settled here and she is basically sleeping through the night in her crib (you know she won’t now that I wrote this). For the past month I have only been nursing at night, and now that she is not awake at all at night, I guess I am basically done nursing. If she doesn’t nurse in the next 48 hours I am pretty sure my supply will be gone. This is quite a bitter-sweet event for me, although I am happy that she is getting into a groove where she can sleep by herself all night. Seeing as her first birthday is next month, I guess I should starting getting used to the idea that my baby is not a little baby….but getting closer to a toddler ever moment. Which speaking of that, Rosaleen is walking. She has been integrating walking in to her lifestyle for a bit, but now it is how she does things.
So I am just posting pictures of Christmas since I have so many. Stay tuned for Sea World.
· First, Christmas was VERY fun and we have a million pictures
· I have tried to post only Christmas pictures in which mommies and daddies don’t look like they were up half the night with crying kids, which pretty much means no adults can have any of their pictures postedL
· Unfortunately, this picture posting methodology cuts out a lot of cute kid pictures;)
· We made it to San Diego despite the fact that the entire state had a terrible storm the two days that we were driving/moving!
· We are basically settled in
· Rosaleen has a double ear infection and is teething
· I started work, it is good
· Ben starts work Friday
· Daycare is FAR away from my work and our apt, but it is good (and close to Ben’s work)
Also, Daddy, Mommy, Banana Jill and Rosaleen went to the beach last week. Rosaleen went crazy with glee! Oh man; she was squealing and screaming. She liked the sand but she LOVED the water. We ended up taking off her pants and letting her legs get wet because she was so happy. She just loved it. Then over the weekend Daddy and Mommy took Rosaleen to Sea World. She also loved that—thank goodness, because due to her ear infections and teething she was one cranky baby this weekend, and I was one sleep deprived mommy that was having a hard time handling my cranky baby. However, Sea World turned things right around. She didn’t cry once at Sea World, she loved the pet show and she tired her self out so much she was asleep by the time we got to the car (FYI, that is the first time ever Rosaleen has fallen asleep anywhere besides the car seat or in a bed).
![]() |
| Auntie, Rosaleen & Cousin Gavin |
Finally, Rosaleen is starting to get settled here and she is basically sleeping through the night in her crib (you know she won’t now that I wrote this). For the past month I have only been nursing at night, and now that she is not awake at all at night, I guess I am basically done nursing. If she doesn’t nurse in the next 48 hours I am pretty sure my supply will be gone. This is quite a bitter-sweet event for me, although I am happy that she is getting into a groove where she can sleep by herself all night. Seeing as her first birthday is next month, I guess I should starting getting used to the idea that my baby is not a little baby….but getting closer to a toddler ever moment. Which speaking of that, Rosaleen is walking. She has been integrating walking in to her lifestyle for a bit, but now it is how she does things.
So I am just posting pictures of Christmas since I have so many. Stay tuned for Sea World.
![]() |
| Cousin Carter & the Dogs |
![]() |
| Uncle Ben and Cousin Ethan |
![]() |
| Dinner time for the Boys |
![]() |
| Rosa's Christmas dinner |
![]() |
| Christmas Morn! |
![]() |
| She totally got the hang of presents |
![]() |
| Big Trees |













WOW - you are getting to be such the big girl! We are so glad you had a wonderful Christmas!!! How exciting that you were able to go to the beach! Congrats on the walking - that is quite an accomplishment. We cannot believe you are going to be ONE! That just seems crazy! We cannot wait to see pics of you at Sea World. :)
ReplyDeleteBrian, Tam, Abby and Brayden
So glad Rosa had a fun and exciting Christmas, beach , sea world and walking! All that was just in the past two weeks! Look forward to more pic's and hope her ears are not still bothering her. Assuming she likes her day care facility...cuz she is one social butterfly!! Oh, how is the front tooth or is it teeth by now doing? Glad Mommy likes her job and hope Daddy will like his.
ReplyDeleteHugs & Kisses
Nana & Grandpa Villa
What a great post! I'm so glad you made it to San Diego and are settled in. Rosaleen is getting so big!I know it's sad when your baby is growing up so fast... I keep thinking I need another baby b/c Abby is 4! I won't - I'm too old but, it's a nice thought! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHey Ben and Sunny, I'm glad to hear all is going well. Always a bit of a settling curve after moving. Rosaleen is a cutie. Great to grow up around a beach. I think more pics of Aunt Heather would be a good thing. Take care guys.
ReplyDeleteMike