 |
| 7 MONTHS 1 WEEK-last week |
It has been very busy around here since the last post. Rosaleen cannot stop saying “Dada.” She can yell it, sing it, grunt it and repeat it 1,000 times. The only time she ever says “Mama” is when she is screaming crying, but she knows what mama means because she looks right at me when she says it (she only will say it if I am not holding her). Rosaleen is not quite crawling, but she can move fast. Her little downward dog yoga crawl is fast so we have to keep our eyes on her always!
 |
| Cheering for Grandpa |
 |
| Me and Grandpa |
 |
| GO OU! (or as Ben says PU) |
This week Grandpa Allen and Nannie Taresa came all the way from Oklahoma to visit Rosaleen. We had such a great time. They took care of Rosaleen Thursday and Friday while mommy and daddy worked. Rosaleen had such a great time, and mommy and daddy did too. Saturday we went to Big Trees State Park (sequoia trees). It was beautiful and we all had a great time. Rosa loves the outdoors, so she had a wonderful time too. We were all very, very sad to see them go this afternoon. Rosa really had a great time with them and got a ton of attention. It will be a hard readjustment to daycare tomorrow. I hate that Rosaleen doesn’t have any grandparents near by, so seeing them go really breaks my heart (boo hoo).
 |
| Home from church (last week) |
Other things that happened this week…. Well Rosa had a hearing test, and she basically failed. But don’t worry. I am sure her hearing is fine (she is saying dada and mama). We think that she was too young for the hearing part of the test (and the audiologist messed up on the lights when Rosa looked after the beep). Then when they measured her eardrum movement that was not right either. The audiologist said she probably has water in her ear. If you remember from last post Rosaleen is getting over a cold and she still has a cough. After her hearing test I called her doctor who said to reschedule the test and if she still has water in her ear in a few weeks the to bring her in. Well in the mean time I felt like her cough was not getting better and because we were going on a road trip on Saturday she needed to see the doctor before we left. So Ben took her in and ….. she has an ear infection! I had NO IDEA. She has not been fussing or crying and she even has been pulling on her ears less than she was when we took her to the doctor for pulling on her ears (and her doctor had said her ears were “crystal clear”). UGH. The doctor did say the infection was just starting though. So now Rosa is on antibiotics and I am hoping that she has a speed recovery.
 |
| Me, Grandpa and Nannie |
I am finding it basically impossible to keep my milk supply up. My doctor told me to eat more calories and fat and water (this was a month ago) and I have been. It did help a little, but my supply is still low. I have also been taking an herbal supplement, but basically being at work is just killing my supply. I will pump and nurse as much as I can, but Rosaleen has been drinking at least six ounces of formula a day. This doesn’t sound that bad, but this week they recalled the formula I am (was) using because it may contain insect and larva in it! That made me feel very guilty about using any formula, but despite my best effort she is going to have to have some formula.
Night-night!
Nothing sweeter and more loveable than "baby" fresh out of the bath! They really do smell so sweet! So glad Rosaleen had the opportunity to meet her "Oklahoma Connection". It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Rosa got spoiled big time! She is soo cute- she is such a happy baby. Bummed about the formula-those so and so's! Where's quality controll when its needed-babies are drinking this! Don't feel so guilty Mommy- you have done a great job and Rosa is super healthy and she will stay that way even if she consumes less and less breast mike. As they say.."a solid foundation has been laid"! But sorry about the milk supply. Those ear infections are very seeky. Fine one day & next day EAR INFECTION! Water in ear always has bacteria & if it stays there it turns in to an infection!! Know her hearing is fine but water MUST GO! Has the cough lessened? You guys looked like everyone was having fun - and little Rosa may have been leading the parade!
ReplyDeleteLove to all
God Bless
Nana & Grandpa Villa
xoxoxox
What a great update! I feel that I am all up to speed. First and foremost, by far, my most favorite picture of Rosaleen at the top. What a cutie bug. She is changing so much. I feel your pain...no grandparents near by, low milk supply and mother guilt! Awe the joys of being a parent. Some happier thoughts - be thankful you were able to stay home as long as you did and that you were able to strictly provide breastmilk for as long as you did. Are you using Fenugreek? Are you finding that it works? Well give cutie muffin a kiss and may this be the last of the ear infections for awhile. NOw my blog post has become an email...Jill you are rubbing off on me!
ReplyDeleteShe is soo beautiful! Mommy guilt never goes away! My kids were allergic to my milk so I had to do formula w/in the first week or two for all of them. We never had any formula re-calls though. I have a friend here locally - her baby got sick with the formula recall but, he is fine. Just a sick to his stomach for a couple of days. You are doing great so don't let any guilt get to you!
ReplyDelete