Lazy Summer (not)

Sitting up in the back yard!


 It has been a busy week here. Rosa has not been sleeping great.  Last night she fell asleep next to daddy with a hand full of his hair.  The car has been in the shop all week. They still can't seem to fix it right. 
Rosaleen is almost a pro at rolling all over the place. Once you put her down, she doesn’t stay put for long. Also, her attention span is starting to get a little longer, so she can occupy herself for longer periods of time—maybe 20 minutes or so on a good day.  If she drops something she will look down looking for it and can follow things around now.  Her favorite things to watch are Fred (the cat) and Casha (the dog).  She squeels in delight when she sees Casha.
We are still giving Rosa rice cereal.  Yesterday Ben gave her sweet peas. She loved them.  There is a video of her eating at the bottom.

MMMMMMMMM! 

Ben and Rosa are still staying home together and loving it. Ben says he has a new appreciation for staying at home with a newborn/infant.  It is harder than he expected.  Starting around Aug. 15th, though, Ben is going to take her to daycare and spend some time with her there to help her get used to it. He will be going back to work part time on Aug 23.

Here are a few more random pics!



Check out my hat!
Facing forward for a ride!

Comments

  1. I cannot believe how big she is getting...and sitting up on her own. She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grandma grandpa VillaAugust 8, 2010 at 2:51 PM

    She is a Sweetie Pie! Such a good girl! She was "almost" sitting up by herself when I was there. I almost got to see her "do it"! Grammy misses her too much!!! Lots going on at your house..think it will stay that way! Sorry about the car and hope they get it fixed soon! Glad Ben and Rosa or aka B&B (Ben & Baby) are enjoying each other and having time together. Good idea for B&B to go to the day care center to gether....but because I am "older" than u guys..she will be just fine. But Mommy & Daddy need re-assuring.... It is a much bigger trauma for the parents than the child when it comes to day care and it should be. You must make sure the facility is SAFE, CLEAN and well MANAGED!!!!! And if it is...baby will be fine and she will enjoy herself very much. We miss her very much and hope to be able to hug & kiss her soon. Glenn & I are very blessed that all out grandchildren have wonderful parents..keep up the good work.
    God Bless
    Hugs & kisses
    Grammy & Grandpa Glenn
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! And aren't you a big girl now with eating, sitting forward and sitting up. I see that you were able to upload the videos. Yeah..Hope we see more to come. She will do fine in daycare. And then one day she will be fighting you because she won't want to come home because it's so much fun there playing with her friends. That's like a knife in the heart, but tells you that your children do adjust and love being around other kids....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosaleen -
    You are growing up way too fast! That is so exciting that you are sitting up now! You look like you are having a wonderful summer! Tell your mom & dad we said hi!
    Love,
    Abby & Brayden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet girl! I love reading her updates! So glad everything is going good - well, just the way life goes - throws you some curve balls but, over all good! LOL! I know I haven't been blogging lately. Life has been too crazy with the kids home this summer! I thought I would have so much time and I just don't! School starts in a week and a half - so once we get settled into a routine I'm sure I will start blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture