Merry Christmas
I may have said this already- but Ben and I are staying home this year for Christmas. Ben will be working away on the baby’s room . I am ready to have the floors and paint done so we can move some of her things in there. I think Heather (Ben’s sister) is coming in January to do the actual decorating, but she can’t do that until the floor is done.
I am attaching a picture of Ben and I at a Christmas party last weekend. Although I do not think this picture quite shows how big my tummy is, I do think it shows how the baby is trying to get right under my chin. However, since this picture was taken I have been able to walk more, and Ben bought me an exercise ball to sit on in the house. I think that both of these things have helped her move down a centimeter or two.
Rosaleen Grace has been doing well I think. She is moving a lot during the day. My heart burn ranges from moderate to completely outrageous, but I guess that is part of the deal. Ben and I did a late pregnancy class last week. Basically this class goes over the hospital policies and gives a tour of the birth center. We drove there during rush hour and from Ben’s work to the hospital it took us about 55 minutes. Not as bad as I thought. The facility is nice, and pretty new. When you get there, if you are in labor you will be triaged and if they decide to admit you, then you are taken to labor and delivery. Labor and delivery happens in the same room (unless there is an emergency). The L&D room is fairly big so you can walk around in there if you don’t feel comfortable going in the hall. There is really only one chair in there, but you also have a private bathroom with a shower. They have little fridge for the coaches to keep snacks in and there is a TV and DVD player. About two hours after the baby is born, the mother and baby (and of course the husband) are moved to a recovery room. These rooms are nice also, but they are much smaller. Again, you have a bathroom and a shower, which is good. As long as everything is “normal” the baby never has to leave your sight. After the baby is born a typical mom only stays in the hospital 12 to 24 hours!
Ben’s dad will be at our house on Christmas day and on the 26th we are having a couple of our friends over for dinner. Then on the 28th my mom arrives (via San Diego).It will be nice to spend time with family and friends. Merry Christmas to you all!
I am attaching a picture of Ben and I at a Christmas party last weekend. Although I do not think this picture quite shows how big my tummy is, I do think it shows how the baby is trying to get right under my chin. However, since this picture was taken I have been able to walk more, and Ben bought me an exercise ball to sit on in the house. I think that both of these things have helped her move down a centimeter or two.
Rosaleen Grace has been doing well I think. She is moving a lot during the day. My heart burn ranges from moderate to completely outrageous, but I guess that is part of the deal. Ben and I did a late pregnancy class last week. Basically this class goes over the hospital policies and gives a tour of the birth center. We drove there during rush hour and from Ben’s work to the hospital it took us about 55 minutes. Not as bad as I thought. The facility is nice, and pretty new. When you get there, if you are in labor you will be triaged and if they decide to admit you, then you are taken to labor and delivery. Labor and delivery happens in the same room (unless there is an emergency). The L&D room is fairly big so you can walk around in there if you don’t feel comfortable going in the hall. There is really only one chair in there, but you also have a private bathroom with a shower. They have little fridge for the coaches to keep snacks in and there is a TV and DVD player. About two hours after the baby is born, the mother and baby (and of course the husband) are moved to a recovery room. These rooms are nice also, but they are much smaller. Again, you have a bathroom and a shower, which is good. As long as everything is “normal” the baby never has to leave your sight. After the baby is born a typical mom only stays in the hospital 12 to 24 hours!
Ben’s dad will be at our house on Christmas day and on the 26th we are having a couple of our friends over for dinner. Then on the 28th my mom arrives (via San Diego).It will be nice to spend time with family and friends. Merry Christmas to you all!

Rosaleen move down and free up some room in mommy's throat so that the heartburn is more manageable. If that doesn't work I can always loan mommy the bed risers that Auntie Jen used while pregnant with cousin Carter!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable "Christmas" picture. I want a copy! You both look so happy and prego! Your black & white polka doted dress and Benjamin in his soft red shirt!! Cute, Cute! That is very kind of Aunt Jen to offer her risers, you may need them. Sweet Rosaleen is not coming down until its time. She likes it up there. In another 30 days you will be standing so you can breath more comfortably. She's going to hang out in your rib cage too. The facility sounds very nice, a little concerned about the "only one chair" statement (heehee) Your Christmas plans sound lovely...enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteHugs & Kisses
God Bless
Mom & Glenn
Ahhhh, the exercise ball...my best friend in late pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteYou're looking great! Fresh pineapple (or bromelain enzyme) might help with the heartburn. Have a great time with all the family visits!
You look great! You are just glowing! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas!!
ReplyDelete