Monterey Trip








We went to Monterey on Friday night for Ben’s birthday. His birthday is not until November 24th, but we are booked in November. We ate at nasty Dairy Queen, EEEEEekwwweeee. If you are hungry and DQ is the only place around, don't eat there. You would be better off finding road kill and cooking it on the exhaust manifold! By the time we actually got to Monterey we were pretty exhausted and ready just to go to sleep.

Saturday morning we got up and went to breakfast and had some great food. Then we took a stroll on the beach. Then we went to Asylimar state beach and walked and talked on the dunes. At about one o’clock we went to the Monterey Aquarium, which I had never been to before. Although, I had to go to the Toll House cookie place first...mmmmmmmmmmmm! The aquarium was great fun and we both really liked it--- but I just don’t have the stamina I used to have. I tried to tough it out, but at 3 we ended up sitting on the benches in front of the shark exhibit and just watched the great white shark and three enormous yellow fin tunas swim by. One had a tumor or something on it's face. Well it was Halloween... My legs were burning from all the walking we had done and in general I was just pooped. I got a short second wind and we made it to the seahorses, but I ended up sitting a lot while Ben checked it out.

After we left the aquarium, we went over to Old Fisherman's Wharf and had a few samples of clam chowder, before agreeing on a good place to have lunch. Which reminds me—all at once my sugar aversion is GONE. You may not remember (or if you live near me, you probably do remember) but during my first trimester sugar gave me a horrible stomachache. Then when my second trimester started, if I ate sugar I would get heartburn, plus it just didn’t sound appetizing. All this is pretty weird for me because before I was pregnant, I was in the bad habit of eating sugar everyday. However, the last few days I noticed that not only does sugar sound yummy, but if I eat it, I don’t feel sick.

Ben did a little photo shoot this evening, so I attached a belly shot. We might be able to put up a few pictures that Ben took at the aquarium, so check for sea horses.


Comments

  1. Ok-- so after I wrote the post, Ben went back and edited/added some text to it. You MAY be able to identify what he wrote (I think it included exhaust manifold and tuna with tumors).

    We do have pictures of sea dragons, but NOW the blog won't seem to add any more picutres. Better luck to us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROUD 2 B GRANDPARENTSNovember 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM

    THAT MAY BE THE PRETTIEST TUMMY I HAVE EVER SEEN!
    It sounds like you had a fun, sweet, loving time in Monterey even if your stamina ain't what it use to be. So you have re-connected with sugar...see what you have been missing!!! I hope you can post more pic's of you and the seahorses...both are very cooool! I must say, your tummy is so cute! You have a very pretty pregnancy going! 24 wks and 2 days!! How is Rosa doing...is she moving around or kicking/punching you a lot yet? Let us know what the doctor has to say...and now that your eating sugar again lets see what it does to your really low sugar count(know it will be fine-just teasing) Please give Benjamin & Rosa a big hug and kiss for us.
    and keep the pic's coming.
    We love you guys
    God Bless
    Nana & Grandpa Villa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi little belly!! You are so super cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! Like I said, enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how cute your little tummy is. I looked like a walrus that just ate a seal by this stage in my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosaleen Grace McLernon is here!

12 week ultrasound picture

Lazy Summer (not)